Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Country Christmas Mantel

When it comes to the holidays, I still love the look of a good old-fashioned
Country Christmas!




The wreath sets the stage. I bought it at a charity auction a few years ago. I still love the rich colors, the mix of textured greens, fruits and berries. And the layered bow.








The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...


We're a family of five now.

Collections are such fun at Christmas. You accumulate so many treasures over the years. This is really the time to display them. I mixed Santas, mercury glass, silver and evergreens on my mantel this year.








Many of my Santas were gifts.
Getting them out each year brings back sweet memories.




I love this little guy!








And the sparkle of candlelight flickering in the mercury glass.







Using a variety of greens adds a nice texture to the mantel.
I'm probably not finished layering just yet.










And of course, a few Santas for the hearth too!




The bear is from the Christmas we spent at The Wilderness Lodge in
Disney World. That was a magical year!
And yes, Santa finds you wherever you are on Christmas!

Ho,Ho,Ho...



I hope your holiday sparkles with delight this year!





I'm linking to...

Rednesday at It's A Very Cherry World!



The Lettered Cottage

All Thingz Related

A Glimpse Inside

Catch a Glimpse Button

Photobucket/








No comments:

Post a Comment